Friday, August 3, 2007

The boys are back in town

Well last week and this week saw the arrival of two of my 'friends' from Dublin, Colin and Max. They both moved into my place and have settled in nicely, which is cool coz since mark left there's been no-one to laugh at my fart jokes and various unfounded racial slurs.
The training is going even better now as neither of the two will let me half a half arsed day. I was in a bit of a funk because I had sort of shot my load, so to speak, training wise about 3 quarters of the way through the lead up. Not unlike the writers for 24 in that respect. But I'm back on track now and training hard for a fight on the 17th, which will lead me nicely into a drink fuelled orgy of destruction, as I desperately try to fulfil the prophecy of death before the age of 30. I'll have 4 days which I think should be plenty based on previous orgies.
Colin is going to make some form of documentary about me and my trip so that should be... well, I won't be watching it, let's leave it at that. He tried to make a video of him wrestling the Bjj champ Pedro but apparently I spoiled it with a series of rape jokes in the background. Spoiled, or fixed? Well spoiled, to be honest.
Right I guess that's it for today, but I'm going on one of those treks tomorrow to see the hill tribes so there may be plenty of mirth in the coming days. And of course plenty of dick jokes. Oh, and I just found out that Pete and Lurtie will be over next month and they'll be bringing Emmet, so anyone whos been missing my particular brand of humor need only wait for Emmet to rob my new jokes and stick them in his act.
Peace out homies.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave turning 30? Say it ain't so man!!
I'm 35 today, so I know all about old-arsery...

Anonymous said...

belated happy b'day Dave, hope you are having fun an such. Miss your presence around here but i guess i get to see you as much as when you were here :)
anyways,
enjoy your time and see you later i guess...
Cíao
dotc

Anonymous said...

Dave, pass me congrats onto Colin - I heard it was ko in round 2? Am betting that spawned another large night out. Krabi is shite, it rains everyday, I should have stayed in chiang mai. Anyways keep the blog going and let us know when pedro puts all his videos up
cheer
Tim

Anonymous said...

Oh and as a pressie for Colin, here is the code he wanted

cjekzcqft8mcqdgaod97w2ism8ppsq9qz997l3tum

he should know what it is for - if not get him to drop me an email

Tim

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, its Gillen here- hows it going man? Jonny told me about yer blog, Ive been reading it a while now, deadly it is! How thailand going? Sounds great, congrats on the fights. I'll be stalling it over in November for a week or two to train with Jonny, it would be cool to catch up with ye. Im still in Japan here working away, fuckered my knee for like a year, but it good now and just starting back. Take care and talk soon- awesomah powah!

G

Unknown said...

Dave,arriving in Chang Mai airport on Thursday at 2pm!! Sorry I'm late mailing you,last minute Larry!! Lemme know if you get this. Gonna ring your buddy's phone later today. emmet.quinn@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave,

We are sending you Emmet but you must promise not to feed it alcohol. We have put it on the boat and it is armed with a name and a phone number in the traditional Irish fasion. Please bail it out of any exciting adventures as it gets into all sorts of misunderstandings with the locals. It likes to listen to anything by the Bee Gee's to help it calm down when over stimulated.

WARNING: Take care with the use of Jokes in the vicinity of your Emmet as they have been known to swollow whole jokes only to chew them up and regurgitate them at a later date but in an unfunny and socially awkward fasion.

Once again we are, in advance, deeply sorry for this trouble.



P.S. We are sooo sorry!


S!