Friday, November 23, 2007

I am not the champions

Shocking but true. This is a review of my fourth fight and my first loss. Now, before I get into it I'd like to point out that I'm not one of those guys who losses and then starts going on about how the other guy cheated but this guy fucking cheated man. Just before the fight we see him and his corner man preparing what look like 2 giant ampules of steroids. They were way to big to be roids but whatever they were, they were definitely illegal because the guy brought them down a blind alley and smashed them to bits so we couldn't read what was on them. Cheating fuck. Having said that, if I'd trained more and been stricter with my diet I may well have won.
The fight itself was not so bad. First round was just the standard fare of feeling the other guy out, looking for openings and chinks. Not much happened really except for a series of kicks by the guy which I checked every single one. He even looked at his corner with a look of 'oh shit, that's not working'.
Round two and we both stepped up a notch. A few hard kicks were traded and I made an early play for the KO, but when I dropped my hand for the body shot I ate an elbow with my face. Quick as a flash, that is, before the doctor could look, my trainer had rubbed this stuff that resembles coarse sand in my cut and completely stemmed the bleeding, so the ref let the fight go on. I knew he could smell blood, so to speak so when he came to bring this lamb to the slaughter, he found a very pissed off wolf. I went at him like a spider monkey, landing some great straights and hooks and at least one perfect knee before the bell went. We later found out that the bell went a bit too early so the promoter could get more rounds out of the fight. Frustrating, as ten more seconds would have done it for him.
So round three and all the guy could throw was the same sort of elbow that cut me in number two but I had the measure of him and blocked every shot. I started landing heavy hooks on him again but as I moved forward, I slipped on the slick of the canvas and he was there to meet me with an elbow. The shot looked worse than it was because I was slipping anyway. But when I looked down at the mat I could see the blood pouring out of me like soup and before I could stand the ref stopped it.
So that was it. My first loss. Made all the more frustrating by the illegal substances and promoters greed contributing to it, but gracious in defeat and all that. I guess there will be a rematch, although not on this trip. My next fight will be for a belt. Although that remains to be seen. More about this in the next blog.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch, on all levels. But kudos for not whinging like a farking girl.

andy said...

Cheating bastards!!! Sorry to hear that bro. Know you'll come back better and stronger and get to beat him.....well if not just shoot him...aww yeah...VICTORY!!!

Unknown said...

the 'roids are in the post... and by post, i mean mule... and by mule, i mean...

welcome back to the blog.

Anonymous said...

Ha Sickened!

Membroz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Membroz said...

Thanks for sharing this important information with local and international communities. Our gym management software is designed to manage the gym, yoga studio, fitness center, etc. Membroz gym management software lets you manage gym members, attendance, set gym schedules, check team performance, set diet for members, automate billing, and payment.