Thursday, March 15, 2007

Avast, ye matey!

This week, I was going to do me 'ole blog like cap'n Jack Sparrah. But I don't know enough pirate jargon, so I'll just leave it there. Not much going on this week, as I've been resting my much sorer than I've been letting on ribs.
Had my good pal Tom over for a few days last week and we managed to hook up with our old mate, Mr. B, who sometimes hangs out at a bar in town. What a weird coincidence, eh? It was pretty cool having him here and it certainly did my reputation no harm to have half the village calling out to me and waving, like Rocky in the first few movies. In fairness, they use my nickname, poompui, so it is tantamount to coming out to the front of your shop and shouting 'hey, fatso', but it's still the attention, I so desperately crave. And so I, like every shopkeeper in South East Asia, was sad to see the back of Tom on Sunday night.
In scary news, I've read about a Swedish guy who is facing 75 years in prison for 'insulting the monarchy' 75 YEARS!!! He drew on some pictures of the King apparently. I have been wracking my brains for days, trying to put an amusing slant on this, that won't land me in jail until I'm 105. So here goes...The King and Queen, walk into a bar, where they meet an actress and a bishop. And they all behave in a manner, that befits there station. Not the funniest thing I've ever written but I'm not doing three quarters of a century for you assholes!!
That's about it really. Going back to the gym this afternoon so maybe something to talk about at the weekend.
Laters, me hearties!

2 comments:

Phil Smith said...

Hey Dave, well done in the fight. Sean, the curly haired little bastard , forgot to tell me about your going away do. Officially he 'Texted the wrong Phil'.

Sorry I missed it Dude.

Dave Gordon said...

Don't worry about it bro, I was actually hijacking his 30th.

Zing!