Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The week in review

I've lost count of what week we're on, I think it's nine but sure, who cares?
Finally made it back to the gym on Friday, and it felt fantastic. Mentally. Physically, it felt as though I had been passed around a group of angry bear rapists, like currency. That's bears as in ursus, not well built, hairy gay guys, although I imagine the end result would have been about the same.
Was a bit pissed off earlier in the week, had two tuk tuk's in a row, trying to rip me off. I expect them to charge me over the odds but they were after 4 times the going rate. Needless to say, there was some rather colourful language exchanged, and Thai-Irish relations have been put back a few years. Still, a moral victory was scored, I feel. Anyway, after my heated exchange, I realised I hadn't eaten that day, so scored a hamburger and all was right with the world. God bless you Mike.
2 months or so of good living has definitely taken it's toll. Not on me, I feel great, but my wallet is looking like an emaciated intern at a certain camp near Auschwitz, circa 1944. Took a realistic assessment of my fortune and re-budgeted accordingly. I can still live here quiet comfortably, but have to reign in the more extravagant spending.
Spent Paddy's Day at an open air festival in the sticks. We were there to watch some of our guys fighting. All was going well until we stopped moving, then we were quickly surrounded by goofy yokels, who queued for quite some time, to take a turn ranting at the honkeys. Despite our numerous and frequent gestures to explain we couldn't speak a word of Thai, they persisted in talking feverishly and cackling to each other every time we pointed to our mouths and said mei-di. (I can't) It felt a lot like being a rock star, except of course, I had to buy my own beer, the beer was warm, and all our groupies were middle aged, and unattractive.
That's it for this week, I suppose.
Actually, hello to all of the people who read this blog who don't know me, you must be very bored. But thanks for reading anyway.

5 comments:

Aarayan said...

Where's this fight video then - come on ;p

Dave Gordon said...

It should be on you tube by now, i think i called it hammerhead's frist round ko.
I'll post it up on the blog as soon as it's definitely loaded

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

"hello to all of the people who read this blog who don't know me"

hello dave

Dave Gordon said...

Ha ha. Hey Kevin