Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

Greetings All,
I hope everything is cool, wherever you are when you read this. A big hello to all my Icelandic readers. It may amuse you to know that the announcer at Thapae Stadium always calls me 'Iceland Champion'.
Anyway, down to business. I was reading my blog there and it occurred to me that I might not be getting across how fucking happy I am doing all this. Not to say I didn't enjoy the first 29 years of my life, but if we were in happiness prison, 2007 would make all the other years his bitch. And he'd be tough on his little prags too.
Got a motor bike today, so getting to grips with that at the moment. Motorbikes are fucking cool. They are big and extremely clever and like smoking, most of the cool older boys are doing it. Just trying to get used to the 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law' attitude towards traffic that the Thai have. For example, red lights don't mean stop, they actually mean be careful going through this junction, as there's probably traffic coming at perpendicular angles, it's probably going fast and it's probably not going to stop. Even if he sees you. No left turn signs mean, be very careful turning left here, or not, up to you. And of course no Thai bike experience would be complete without the magic wand. Basically if you beep your horn at any time, for any reason you then have three seconds in which to perform any maneuver, no matter how dangerous or how many laws of physics you break.
Got talking to someone during the week about various cultures and anthropology which is sort of a hobby of mine. Anyway, the subject of the Eskimos came up, and their alleged '11 words for snow'. Now firstly, I'm fairly sure this is a load of bollix but even if it's not, what do you expect, they live in a fucking icy wasteland. There are no current events, other than snowfall. What else are they going to discuss? Spring fashions? The OC series finale?
Have a few mates coming over soon, which I'm looking forward to. It's going to be like living in a frat house. And I've already thought of our motto; Alpha Alpha Alpha- It's only rape if you let her live long enough to talk about it. I'll be accepting applications at the usual address.
Rod Fucking Stewart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al Bundy would be proud of your frat motto:D
Saw your fight, congratulations on the victory...Was that your first fight in Thailand or first fight in general?

Dave Gordon said...

Ha ha, thanks. That was my first fight ever. Although I have been a bouncer for a number of years. :)

Anonymous said...

This blog is the shit! Remember this while you're in Thailand checking out the prostitutes:

"Confucius say...
He who fish in other's hole often catch crabs."

Dave Gordon said...

Thanks bro :) How did you hear about it btw?

Anonymous said...

Someone on this muay thai forum mentioned your blog:
http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=40

Did you have any previous martial arts experience before you started training muay thai? I've been doing taekwondo for awhile but am seriously thinking of taking up muay thai.

Dave Gordon said...

Hey Long duck,
Yeah, i did traditional Ju Jutsu for many years before hand, but honestly it was of little use to my MT training.