Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Two tickets to Paradise

Wow, has it been two weeks already? I wouldn't know on account of the paradise. :) I haven't looked at a clock in months.
Well I've finally decided to take some action with my injuries. That action is typically Irish, in that I will be doing nothing. Well resting, I guess, but really it's doing nothing. So for my couple of weeks rest I decided to take a Thai massage course which is really interesting, but not as much fun as you'd think because it's pretty much just me and the master, who has to demonstrate on me first, then lets me practise. So first he sends me to sleep with a world class massage, then wakes me up and forces me too work. Needless to say, his card shelf will be pretty bare this Christmas. To be honest I'm dreading the last lesson, which I suspect will be the happy finish that 99% of massage places offer. I've only found one place that wasn't a rub and tug.
Met a nice french girl during the week too, and had a good laugh showing her round Chaing Mai, while impressing her with how much I could drink. That now brings my total of nice french people that I know, to 2. Yes, I am surprised as you are. The other one knows who she is. Solid.
And speaking of countries who were on Hitler's side during the war, I had a good laugh with the only funny German person ever. He was a fighter at the gym and a very nice bloke. Knew a lot about the war too, and was only too happy to talk about it, although I had to explain to him that he would make more friends if, when talking about war criminals and the atrocities committed by the most evil people in history, instead of saying 'we' he used the term 'the Nazi's'.
It's getting hot her now too. Many mornings this week I lay in bed like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now... I asked them for a fight, and for my sins, they gave me one... Then I drink heavily and smash my room up, travel up north on a boat, take a load of acid and kill Marlon Brando. It's one of the lesser known tourist treks.
My flat mate has found Mrs. right, or at least Mrs. right now, and has headed off to a chilled out tourist resort with her. Yeah, Mrs. right the lucky git. Though I bet her first name turns out to be always. I haven't been so lucky and to be honest, at his stage I would settle for anything that didn't have a penis or a price list. Falang no want boom-boom. Well actually, Falang would love some boom-boom, but he's not as keen on the aids and you my *ahem* beauty, have more aids than the U.S. president.
So that's all I've been doing for the last two weeks. I'm certain my ribs will be back to normal by the time my massage course is finished and then it's back to a hard training regime, with another fight about a month after I start back. And to be honest I can't wait. I still haven't managed to kill anyone in the ring yet, but I'm holding on to the dream.

1 comment:

Phil Smith said...

Good God.

A massage from Mssr. Dave Gordon is not a prospect to be relished.

:P