Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Leader of the pack

One of the hardest things to get used to in Thailand is the dogs. Packs of the little bastards everywhere. They hang around outside their respective houses during the day but at night form packs that like nothing better than to chase anything, man or beast that comes within range. And a dogs range is pretty impressive. There quite chilled out during the day, a mixture of heat and exhaustion from working on keeping me awake.
Anyway, the Thai who I asked about this the first day it happened said, "I'll take you into town and we'll get you an airgun". We all had a good laugh at that. Today I find myself thumbing through the airgun section of a Guns & Ammo summer special, wondering if I can afford the Rambo, first blood kit.

1 comment:

theottovonbismark said...

65 DING!

Thaz bledin rapid an all. If only they would kentucky fry dog as tasty as chicken so you could eat your way out of the problem. What do you get if you win these fights? Is it for a piece of paper with the warlord of tail-land on it or do you get a paper hat with "Honour" printed on it? I think I would be happier with the money myself but then I have no honour and cheat at snakes and ladders.

I assume there is plenty of competition between dojo's or whatever the local parlance is for training shed?

If you life was the movie the Karate Kid, you would be the blond kid who gets disqualified for sweeping the leg. I would see you then go on to work on a chuck norris production. You will never be Ralph Macchio so you may as well just give up on that dream! You will never have his boyish looks or his sweet innocent charm. On the plus side you are bound to enjoy a long successful career based on Murphy's law (by which I mean the up and coming chuck norris tv series).

This time taken to write this message has been bought by the taxpayers of Ireland!

Seany!